Last Updated: March 28, 2023
Table of Contents
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Information We Collect on the Website
- Use of Your Personal Information
- Sharing of Personal Information
- External Links
- Children’s Privacy
- Contacting Artists Equity
Your California Privacy Rights
- Right to access: You may have the right to know and see what data we have collected about you over the past 12 months including:
- categories of Personal Information we collected about you;
- categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties to whom we have shared your Personal Information, and the categories of Personal Information shared; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- Right to deletion: You may have the right to request that we delete in certain circumstances the personal information we have collected from you.
- Right to be free from discrimination: You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
- Right to Opt-out of Sale:Because Artists Equity does not sell your Personal Information, we do not offer an opt-out.
Making a Request Under the CCPA
To request access or deletion of your Personal Information, or to exercise any other data rights under the CCPA, please email us at USprivacy@artistsequity.com with your first and last name. Please specify your particular data request.
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
Information We Collect on the Website
We collect information about you in several ways. We use this information to operate and enhance your experience with the Services.
Information Automatically Collected
- COLLECTION OF USAGE INFORMATION. When users come to our Website, we automatically collect “Usage Information” about how you use and interact with the Services. For example, when you access the Services, we may log which pages of our Website were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” We also collect information from the URLs from which you linked to our Website. Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for your computer, phone, tablet or other device used to access the Website (any, “Device”), operating system and browser software used by each user of the Website. We may be able to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the user’s point of connectivity. We may also use third-party Service Providers (defined below) such as Google Analytics to automatically log information about you and your computer or mobile device, and how you use and interact with the Services. We collect this technical data to analyze usage trends and give us more information about how people use the Services to better the user experience.
Information You Give Us
We may collect Personal Information you choose to provide to us.
You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information you submit to Artists Equity. Inaccurate information may affect your ability to use the Website, the information you receive when using the Website, and our ability to contact you. For example, your email address should be kept current because that is one of the primary ways in which we communicate with you.
- UPDATES AND NEWSLETTERS. If you opt to subscribe to our email updates and newsletters, you may be required to provide us with your name, email address, and zip code. Several locations of the Website permit you to enter your email address for specified purposes, including to receive news and updates from Artists Equity.
- PARTICIPATION IN CONTESTS, SWEEPSTAKES, AND OTHER PROMOTIONS.If you choose to participate in a contest, sweepstakes, or other promotions (“Promotions”) that Artists Equity offers on or through the Website, you may be asked to provide us with certain information necessary to conduct such Promotions. This information may include your name, age, mailing address, email address, and phone number. We may use this information to notify contest and sweepstakes winners and to award prizes. Your participation in a contest or sweepstakes is completely voluntary, so you have a choice of whether to participate and disclose information to us.
- COMMUNICATIONS WITH ARTISTS EQUITY.You may also provide us information, including your name, email and any other information you choose to include, when you send us an email message or otherwise contact us. We may use this information to respond to your request.
- JOB APPLICATIONS.If you apply for a job at Artists Equity through the Website, you may provide us with your name, email, phone number, resume, and additional optional information.We use this information to process your application. We may also invite you to complete a survey to help us evaluate our diversity and inclusion efforts, including your age, ethnicity, and gender.Your participation in the survey is completely voluntary.
Information We Get from Others
Use of Your Personal Information
We use the information that we have about you to provide, support, personalize, and make our Services more relevant and useful to you and others.
We may use the Personal Information we collect from and about you to (1) present our Website, our products, and the Services to you; (2) provide you with information, products, or services that you request; (3) monitor and analyze usage and trends and personalize and improve the Services and your experience using the Services; (4) respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service; (5) send information including confirmations, invoices, notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages; (6) send marketing emails from which you can opt-out as described below; (7) protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity; and (8) with your consent for another purpose.
We may use your information to contact you with news updates or about our products and services that may be of interest to you. Our marketing emails tell you how to opt-out or unsubscribe. If you opt-out of marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails and notifications, which may include information about your Account, our business dealings with you, and updates regarding our policies.
Sharing of Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information other than as described below.
We may share the Personal Information we collect from and about you (1) to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it; (2) with your consent; (3) for legal, protection, and safety purposes; (4) to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request; and (5) with those who need it to do work for us (our Service Providers, as defined below).
If another entity acquires us or our assets, information we have collected about you may be transferred to such entity. In addition, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, such information may be considered an asset of ours and may be sold or transferred to third parties.
- Service Providers. We may contract with third parties to perform functions related to the Services (“Service Providers”). Service Providers will have access to your Personal Information needed to perform their business functions but may not use or share that Personal Information for other purposes. For example, Service Providers may include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technology, services, and/or content related to the operation and maintenance of the Website.
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to help safeguard the information we collect from and about you. While we take steps to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures.
We do not direct the Services to, nor do we knowingly collect any Personal Information from, children under 13. Children under 13 are not eligible to use the Services. If we learn that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our databases and to prevent the user from utilizing the Services.
Contacting Artists Equity